Maryland Coordinated Public Transit - Human Services Transportation Plans
Welcome to the Maryland Coordinated Transportation Planning website. Through this effort the Maryland Department of Transportation’s Maryland Transit Administration (MDOT MTA) will lead the development of regional Coordinated Public Transit – Human Services Transportation Plans that:
- Identify the transportation needs of individuals with disabilities, older adults, and people with low incomes; provide strategies for meeting local needs.
- Prioritize transportation services and projects for funding and implementation.
- Serve as a basis for federal funding through Section 5310 (Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities) Program. Therefore, it is vital that current and prospective applicants for Section 5310 funds are involved in the planning process.
Working in conjunction with regional planning organizations, and with assistance from the KFH Group, MDOT MTA is initiating an update of current regional plans. A key outreach effort for the plan update is a one-day workshop in each region that will provide the opportunity to:
- Gather and update information on transportation needs and transportation resources.
- Discuss possible strategies, activities, and/or projects to meet current needs, and to be maintained or added to the updated regional plan.